Yumehoppe Cream Cheese Dessert (4 servings)
Yumehoppe is a Yamaguchi-ken original citrus fruit. Yumehoppe means ”Dream-cheek,” a fruit that is so heavenly that it must have came from a dream, so delicious your cheeks fall off (a phrase used in Japan to express how delicious a food is). Twice the size of a regular mikan, it’s known for how sweet it is and how soft the skin is on the inside.
Cream cheese: 200g
Heavy cream: 200ml
Gelatin powder: 5g
1. Soften the cream cheese so it is at room temperature (A).
2. Add 2 tablespoons of water to the gelatin (B).
3. Peel the rind off the yumehoppe and mix it with cream cheese, heavy cream, and sugar in a blender.
4. Microwave (B) for 20 seconds, stir, and add to the yumehoppe mixture. Mix.
5. Pour it into small containers and refrigerate it until it becomes solid.