Yamaguchi’s Fall Festivals
You are mistaken if you are thinking that Japanese festivals are only in the summer. November is full of festivals in Yamaguchi City. Do go if you have a chance!
- Aio Fireworks Festival（First Saturday of November）：The night before the Aio Festival. Fireworks during the fall are very uncommon and many people come to watch.
- Aio Festival（First Sunday of November）：The festival includes many stage performances (song, dance, etc.), selling of agricultural and marine products, flea market, and mochi-maki (mochi throwing).
- Tokuchi Festival（First Sunday of November）： Large, fall event in the area. Major features of the event include stage events, the selling of homemade goods, Tokuchi beef barbeque, and a drawing for Matsutake mushrooms and meat.
- HOLA Yamaguchi Spain Fiesta（November 3rd - 7th）：Paella will be sold on the first day, flamenco performances, and parades will be held in the shopping arcade.
- Ajisu Friendship Festival（Second Saturday in November）：There will be musical performances and dances by children and people in the community, and you can look at the exhibit at Igurakan and participate in the Bingo Competition and mochi-maki.
- Yamaguchi Tenjin Festival（November 23rd）：One of the Big Three Yamaguchi City Festivals (the other two are Yamaguchi Gion Festival and Yamaguchi Tanabata Lantern Festival). You can watch a reenactment of the Sankin kotai (alternate attendance) that happens in lines. It is like a scene from a scroll from the Edo period.