Umeshu (Plum Wine)
Green plums 1kg
Rock sugar around 700g
Clean jar (sterilize with hot water or alcohol)
1. Wash plums carefully with water and soak for 2-4 hours in plenty of water.
2. Dry plums completely. Remove the remains of the stem with a toothpick.
3. Place a layer of plums in the jar, then a layer of rock sugar. Repeat until both plums and sugar are used up.
4. Carefully pour Shochu in the jar. Let it age in a cool, dark place. Give the jar a small shake once in a while to distribute the sugar evenly.
5. After 3 months of aging, you can drink it!