Natsumikan Marmalade (4 servings)
Granulated Sugar・・・・・400 grams
Lemon juice・・・・・2 tablespoons
1. Place the natsumikan in hot water. Wash and scrub off the wax on the peel with a brush.
2. Remove the outer part of the natsumikan peel and cut into fine, long pieces. Squeeze the juice out and put aside.
3. Place the peel in water and occasionally squeeze and change the water 2-3 times.
4. Boil the peel from #3 and throw away the water. Repeat 2 times and strain.
5. Add water from the ingredients list to #4 and simmer on low heat for 40-50 minutes until the water is gone.
6. Add sugar and natsumikan juice and simmer on low heat. Add lemon juice and continue to simmer while removing scum. Turn off the heat when it starts to become transparent and thick.